The flavors of the Chartreuse and almond of the Luxardo bring out the savory notes of the mezcal. To enjoy a traditional Last Word, simply use gin instead of mezcal!
3/4 oz Mezcal
3/4 oz Green Chartreuse
3/4 oz Luxardo Maraschino
3/4 oz Lime
1. Combine all ingredients in a cocktail shaker tin with ice.
2. Shake well, about 30 seconds.
3. Double strain into a coupe glass. Garnish with a Luxardo cherry if desired, and enjoy!
This take on a Mezcal Last Word uses a blueberry shrub to play with the sugar and acid parts of the cocktail, boosting the undertones of the Pasubio Amaro and leveling the smokey flavor of the mezcal.
2 oz Mezcal
1 oz Blueberry Shrub
1 oz Lime
3/4 oz Pasubio Amaro
1/2 oz Luxardo
1/2 oz Green Chartreuse
3 dash Angostura
1. Combine all ingredients in a shaker tin with ice.
2. Shake well, about 30-40 second. Be sure to shake this cocktail well to break down the heavy shrub component.
3. Double strain into a coupe glass. Garnish with a rosemary sprig and an optional spritz of mezcal and dash of angostura.
1 cup Apple Cider Vinegar
1 cup Granulated Sugar
1 Teaspoon Vanilla
1 package (standard pint) Blueberries
- Combine vinegar and sugar in a saucepan on medium-high heat.
- Bring to a light boil as you whisk sugar until it dissolves. Add blueberries and allow to simmer until slightly reduced, about 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool completely. Strain out the solids and add vanilla. Keep refrigerated when not in use! Stores up to one month.