Enjoy this lemony pasta with a glass of chardonnay or a sparkling water and lemon!
(1) 10 oz. can of baby clams (I used Bumble Bee Whole Shucked Clams)
2 tsp olive oil
4 garlic cloves, minced
1 lemon, zested
1 small shallot, minced
1/2 Cup White Wine
6 oz whole wheat linguine*
1 oz. parmesan cheese, shredded
Salt, Pepper & Red Pepper Flake, to taste
*This is an approximate estimate of how much pasta I used. I didn’t measure the pasta. No one measures pasta but sociopaths.
- Set a medium sized pot of water to boil seasoned generously with salt. Add pasta and cook until al dente, about 8 minutes depending on stove power.
- Mince garlic and shallot finely. Set aside.
- Heat 1 tsp olive oil slowly over medium heat. When hot, add garlic and shallot and cook until aromatic, about 1 minute.
- Open can of clams and drain off about 1/3 of the cans liquid, reserving the rest.
- Add clams with leftover juices and white wine to the pan with garlic and shallot and simmer on medium-low. Cover and simmer until juices have reduced, about 5 minutes.
- Ladle about 1/4 cup of pasta water into the clam mixture. Simmer for 1-2 more minutes, stirring well.
- Add pasta to the pan along with salt, pepper, and red pepper flake. Zest the skin of (1) lemon into pasta. Half the lemon and squeeze 1 half worth of juice into pasta as well. (If you would like a stronger lemon flavor, feel free to juice entire lemon into the pan)
- Toss pasta with parmesan and parsley. Serve warm. Enjoy with a board of burrata cheese drizzled in honey and a light green salad.