2 oz Bourbon
3/4 oz Ancho Reyes
1.2 oz Dry Curaçao
1 oz lemon
1 oz Cinnamon Syrup*
Bar Spoon Cherry Heering
2 dash Cardamom Bitters
1. Combine all ingredients into a shaker tin with ice.
2. Shake well, about 30-40 seconds.
3. Double strain over a large cube of ice. Enjoy while reading through Tiana Clark’s poetry collection, I Can’t Talk About the Trees Without the Blood.
*Depending on how thick your cinnamon syrup reduces, you might only need 3/4 oz instead of a full ounce.
1 cup water
1 cup granulated sugar
3-4 cinnamon sticks
1. Bring water to a light boil. Whisk in sugar until it has completely dissolved. Add cinnamon sticks and reduce to a simmer.
2. Simmer until slightly reduced, about 5 minutes.
3. Remove from heat and allow to cool. Store syrup with cinnamon sticks in the refrigerator for 6 hours or overnight.
4. Remove cinnamon sticks from syrup and store chilled for up to two weeks.